What Is Red Dragon Kratom?
Red Dragon is a strain of red vein kratom grown in Thailand.
The Kratom powder itself has a slight red hue, which is the result of the fermentation process the leaves go through post-harvest.
The main change that happens during this process is the conversion of one of the main alkaloids, mitragynine, to 5-OH-mitragynine.
5-OH is much more relaxing and sedating than regular mitragynine, and this is why red strains are much better for pain management and sleep support.
That said, Red Dragon is known to be a bit more stimulating than other red vein kratom strains from Thailand. It’s more useful for people interested in managing their anxiety while being able to remain focused, alert, and awake.
What Does Red Dragon Kratom Do?
Red Dragon kratom functions largely in the same way as other red strains. It’s relaxing, analgesic, and euphoric.
Relaxing & Sedative
Red Dragon is able to produce a strong sense of relaxation. It can be very useful for helping to manage stress at the end of a long day.
Red Dragon is also a fantastic aid for those interested in fighting anxiety.
Red Dragon kratom has a high concentration of 5-OH-mitragynine, which is one of the most powerful pain-killing alkaloids found in the kratom plant. This makes it an ideal choice for those who are using kratom for pain management.
Red Dragon is one of the stronger forms of kratom, which makes it a good choice for those who are using kratom to help stop addiction to stronger opioids.
Mood & Anxiety Support
Red Dragon is known for its ability to enhance mood and fight depression. While kratom should not be considered a permanent solution to depression, it can certainly take the edge off while you figure out the root of the issue.
Red Dragon Kratom Dosage
The dose of kratom that you want to take will depend on a couple of things. The first thing you’ll want to consider is what effects you’re trying to achieve.
As discussed earlier, kratom has the unique ability to provide different effects based on your dosage:
- For focus & concentration — If you’re looking for a dose to help you focus and remain alert, you’ll want to shoot low. Aim for a starting dose of somewhere between 1–4 grams to remain awake and alert.
- For relaxation & sleep — If you’re going to be using kratom for pain relief or sedation, you’ll want to use higher doses (between 4 and 8 grams).
- Opiate withdrawal & addiction — If you’re using kratom to help you come off of a strong opioid habit, the dosage range will depend on what sort of opioids you were addicted to and how serious your addiction was. Always speak to your doctor first before taking kratom to manage withdrawal symptoms.
Side-Effects of Red Dragon Kratom
The side effects of kratom tend to vary from strain to strain. For red strains, you’re most likely to experience side effects relating to over-sedation or dizziness.
Remember, these side effects tend to emerge when you’re using very high doses at regular intervals.
- The “Wobbles” — The wobbles are an infamous side effect that tends to occur when people use very high doses of kratom, especially red strains. The wobbles are marked by nausea, disorientation, and dizziness.
- Digestive discomfort — If you take very high doses of kratom you may feel some digestive issues such as nausea or gas.
- Constipation — Kratom slows down the digestive tract. If you’re not staying hydrated and eating a lot of fiber, this can lead to constipation.
And, while side effects may not manifest unless you’re using high doses, it’s important to remember that kratom can be addictive. It can cause physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms.
If you’re using kratom to wean off other opioids, then these withdrawal symptoms may seem quite mild in comparison. However, for someone entirely unfamiliar with addiction and withdrawal, these symptoms can be troubling.
If you’re concerned about your kratom use becoming a habit, you should take regular breaks from kratom. If you notice the dose is increasing steadily over time (signs of tolerance), it may be work taking a more extended break from kratom for 2–3 weeks to reverse the tolerance.
Similar Kratom Strains
If you think Red Dragon sounds nice, but that it’s not the best strain, don’t worry. These are some other similar strains that may be useful for you.
1. Red Thai Kratom
Red Thai is probably the most similar strain to Red Dragon. This strain is also grown in Thailand, however, it is known to be a bit more relaxing and sedating. This may be a better option for people who are seeking pain relief.
2. Red Bali Kratom
Red Bali is one of the classic strains and one best known for powerful sedation and relaxation. Red Bali is often a go-to strain for people looking for pain relief, as well as for those coming off of hard opioids.
3. Red Maeng Da Kratom
Maeng Da strains are often the cream of the crop. Red Maeng Da can vary from vendor to vendor, but it’s generally known to provide both focus and stimulation followed by a profound sense of relaxation and comfort.
Final Thoughts: Red Dragon Kratom
Red Dragon kratom is a fantastic choice for people who are interested in finding pain and anxiety relief. At lower doses, it can also provide an energetic boost of focus.
If you’re familiar with Red Thai kratom, you can expect Red Dragon to be quite similar. Remember to be cautious and avoid using too much kratom to minimize any unwanted side effects.