I don’t think a vendor would ever really deserve a five-star rating, but Kats Botanicals really comes close. They have a staggering variety of kratom strains available, and they’re eager to provide as much information as possible about each strain.
If you’re ready to buy, learn, share, discuss, or just think about the endless possibilities provided by kratom, then look no further than Kats Botanicals. Their prices are competitive — no higher than any other quality vendor — and their customer service is on-point.
Realistically, if all the other kratom vendors fell off the face of the earth and you were left with Kats Botanicals, you’d be in good hands. The only thing that you might miss out on would be some of the more potent extracts and tinctures, but hey. You’re probably better off without ‘em.
About the Company
To summarize the company, let’s borrow the words from the front of the Kat’s Botanicals website.
“Kats Botanicals is a premium supplier of kratom & other holistic herbals.”
Following this, a couple of stamps certifying that they’ve received more than 13,000 reviews and that they’re a qualified vendor with the American Kratom Association (AKA).
Kats is known for its free shipping over $100 and a money-back guarantee on all products. This alone is a good sign of credibility.
When you look at the company’s core values, it’s no wonder that customers keep coming back. Kats Botanicals is dedicated to constant improvement, integrity, safety, and customer satisfaction. The company (and quite a few of its customers) believe this is what separates Kats from the competition.
There are a few concerns: The lack of an apostrophe in the brand’s name leads to a crisis of possession. Are these Kat’s botanicals? Are there several Kats, each with their own botanicals? Does Kats’ name simply end with the letter s? An apostrophe could solve these mysteries, but we may never know the truth.
Ok, there are other negatives, a serious one this time — you need the batch number before you can check the third-party lab results, meaning you need to buy the product first.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Same-day shipping on orders placed before 2:00 EST
- Huge variety of kratom
- Extremely informative website
- Completely honest and transparent with their work
- Trusted reviews from thousands of customers
- Third-party lab tests are available
- Free shipping on orders over $100
- AKA certified group
- Unable to see lab results online before purchasing
- Kratom newbies might find the product descriptions a bit confusing if they're not already familiar with the terminology and effects/colors
- On the expensive side
Top Vendor Alternatives
Kats Botanicals Product Reviews
Kats Botanicals offers several different kratom products to ensure their customers a comfortable route to using the supplement.
Kratom is notorious for its rough, bitter taste. Many people have been turned off for life after having a negative experience with a toss-and-wash (swallowing the powder with liquid). With other options available, this unpleasantry can be avoided.
Here’s a quick outline of some of the kratom products that Kats Botanicals has on offer.
1. Kratom Leaf Powder
Kratom leaf powder is the most common form of the plant that you’ll find in North America. Kats Botanicals promises their kratom is “clean, pure, and powerful.”
All products are lab-tested and backed by the company’s assurance that they don’t cut corners in their quality control. Here are a few examples of some of our favorite kratom strains.
Kats Botanicals Red Explosion Kratom Powder (Limited Reserve)
Red Explosion kratom is available only in 250-gram and 500-gram packages, ranging from $39.99 to $74.99. This product combines twelve different strains of red vein kratom from different areas across Indonesia.
This is a unique blend for the kratom market and certainly worth trying out. It allows users to enjoy the best of both worlds or, in this case, the best of a dozen worlds.
Each strain is tested after being imported. Then, Kats uses a cGMP-certified processing plant to mix the strains before packaging.
Kats Botanicals Above the Waves Kratom Powder
This strain would be referred to by other vendors as ‘gold’ since it contains a mixture of at least three different types of kratom. In this case, the combination is a gold mine of potent kratom strains.
The majority of the blend is composed of 70% fermented, red vein kratom. Added to this is 15% each of green and white veins.
The fermentation of the red strains adds some extra oomph, which is often characterized during the early stages of the burn when the kratom first kicks in. This blend was designed by Indonesian farmers who were excited to share their ancestral knowledge to develop a strong blend using various techniques.
Prices range from $5.99 for 20 grams to $65.99 for a half kilogram.
Kats Botanicals Red Maeng Da Kratom Powder
If you were starting to wonder whether or not Kats Botanicals offers any ‘standard’ kratom strains, fear not. Their Maeng Da Kratom is one of our favorite Maeng Da strains from around the world.
They primarily process their Red Maeng Da following a recipe that yields impressive results.
Firstly, they mix white vein kratom leaves from the JongKong region with Borneo Red Vein. The white is then left to dry for 48 hours with the stems on.
Meanwhile, the red vein is fermented indoors in burlap bags. This process results in a 40/60 blend of white and red with a very high alkaloid content.
Prices start at $5.99 to $65.99.
Kats Botanicals will never leave someone wanting when it comes to strain variety. Here’s a brief outline of the rest of what they’ve got on offer. Unless mentioned otherwise, all of these products are priced from $5.99 to $65.99.
- Chocolate Kratom Powder: Despite the name, the taste of chocolate is 100% absent. The name is from the complicated harvesting and fermentation process, making chocolate kratom one of the most sought-after strains.
- Digital Buddha Kratom: A mixture of 50% white, 30% green, and 20% red.
- Dark Elephant Kratom: This blend is made from elephant kratom trees, which are named as such due to their large, floppy leaves.
- Dark Red Malay Kratom: This strain is said to come from the Selimbau District on the island of Borneo. Here, there are a number of freshwater lakes dotting the landscape fed by saltwater rivers. These beautiful embankments are where jungles with Dark Red Malay Kratom grow.
- Green Bali Kratom: Despite the name, Green Bali Kratom is grown in the Bunut Region of Indonesia. It’s one of the only strains that aren’t blended, meaning that it’s a hard-hitting green strain straight from the source.
- Green Elephant Kratom: Much like the Dark Elephant Kratom, this strain comes from the large floppy leaves of the elephant kratom trees that grow in the Kalimantan regions of Borneo.
- Green Hulu Kapuas Kratom: This strain is said to be one of the most potent and well-rounded for veterans and newcomers alike. The Iban and Silat indigenous tribes of Borneo enjoy this strain to this very day.
- Green Indo Kratom: Green Indo Kratom is one of the few strains harvested from plants that grow in the wild instead of on a plantation. It’s also 100% unblended.
- Green Maeng Da Kratom: Like most other vendors, Kats Botanicals Green Maeng Da is their go-to green product. Prized for its potency and reliability, their Green Maeng Da contains a higher concentration of active alkaloids than other green strains. It’s an 80/20 mix of Green Maeng Da and white vein powder.
- Green Malay Kratom: Green Malay Kratom doesn’t come from Malaysia, as the name would suggest. It hails from Southern Sumatra, in the Nibung cultivation zone. These trees grow fast and hardy.
- Green Sunda Kratom: This strain hails from the Malay Archipelago, the Sunda Islands, specifically. These islands are renowned for their tropical climate and the powerful kratom that grows there.
- Plantation Maeng Da Kratom: These kratom leaves are harvested from vast kratom plantations. Since these fields have been tilled and cultivated for many generations, they produce some of humanity’s strongest and most consistent kratom.
- Red Borneo Kratom: Red Borneo Kratom grows, of course, in Borneo. The leaves are dried inside bags for 48 hours, allowing the water to evaporate while slightly fermenting them yet retaining alkaloid content. The leaves are then exposed to sunlight for a few hours, giving them a red tinge.
- Red Maeng Da Kratom: Red Maeng Da is produced by taking White Vein Kratom and drying it outdoors for two days with the leaves still stemmed. Meanwhile, the Red Vein Kratom is dried indoors as per the procedure for Red Borneo Kratom. The two are then mixed at a ratio of 40/60 white to red.
- Spacebird Kratom: Spacebird Kratom is allegedly one of the most potent and long-lasting strains providing a full-spectrum set of effects. It’s a mixture of 50/30/20 green, white, and red veins, respectively.
- Super Green Kratom: Super Green Kratom is made using mature kratom plants’ leaves. These leaves generally grow larger and produce stronger alkaloids.
- Super Thai Kratom. Despite the name, Super Thai Kratom is a blend of different kratom strains all hailing from various places in Indonesia: white, green, and red kratom.
- The Wedge Kratom: The Wedge is a proprietary blend of three kratom strains: white, green, and red, at a ratio of 50%, 30%, and 20%, respectively.
- White Bali Kratom: These kratom leaves are harvested from trees that grow abnormally tall, up to heights of a hundred feet. The massive kratom leaves on these trees provide shade for the farmers and a strong energy boost and increased focus.
- White Elephant Kratom: Like other elephant strains, White Elephant Kratom is made from the massive, floppy leaves of certain kratom trees.
- White Horn Kratom: White Horn Kratom is one of the few unblended kratom strains. It’s great for adding some pep to your step and providing you with some well-rounded kratom benefits.
- White Maeng Da Kratom: This strain has been carefully cultivated to ensure users enjoy a serious pick-me-up and some notable stimulation.
- White JongKong Kratom: Hailing from the JongKong Jungles, this kratom powder packs a serious punch.
- Wild Red Bali Kratom: Unlike the Red Bali Kratom, Wild Red Bali comes from the wild jungles. These kratom leaves are strong, having survived only through natural selection.
- Yellow Maeng Da Kratom: Many years of drying and processing practices led to Kats’ Yellow Maeng Da development. Red Vein and White Vein Kratom are produced individually and then blended, providing a potent blend of sedating and stimulating effects.
- Yellow Sunda Kratom: Yellow Sunda Kratom is a mixture of 60% Green Vein and 40% Red Vein Kratom.
2. Kratom Capsules
Rather than listing all of the same strains we just listed, rest assured that you can order kratom capsules with any kratom powders that Kats Botanicals offers.
Capsules range in price from $19.99 for a 60-count bottle (totaling 36 grams) to $59.99 for a 250-count bottle totaling 150 grams.
3. Other Products
Kats Botanicals offers several other ethnobotanical herbs. Many of these work well with kratom, synergizing to produce emergent effects that neither herb could create on its own. Many are also fantastic for cycling to prevent developing a dependence on kratom.
- Ashwagandha capsules ($14.99). Ashwagandha is a popular adaptogen herb that helps the body maintain a state of healthy balance. It encourages healthy hormonal production and can increase libido and energy levels in both men and women. It can also reduce anxiety and increase sociability.
- Elderberry capsules ($19.99). Elderberries are one of the hardiest and best supplements to douse yourself with prior to the cold season. Elderberry will help prime your immune system and reduce inflammation any time of year, but it will be beneficial during the cooler months.
- Moringa capsules ($19.99). Moringa has gained a worldwide reputation for being one of the most effective plants for helping to boost immunity and enhance well-being. Chock-full of antioxidants and nutrients, moringa capsules can be taken to improve health and well-being at any time of day.
- Shilajit ($49.99). Shilajit is an extremely potent supplement. A mineral resin excreted between stones in mountain ranges; it contains vital substances humic and fulvic acids, the organic compounds that catalyze the breakdown of nutrients. Shilajit is incredible for boosting energy, cognition, and general health.
- Turmeric Capsules ($19.99). You’re probably already familiar with turmeric. The spice is notable for its anti-inflammatory, immune-boosting properties.
- Valerian Root Capsules ($14.99): Valerian Root is one of nature’s best relaxants. It stimulates the GABA system, the same system affected by benzodiazepines and some other sedatives and hypnotics.
- Kats Botanicals also offers many products for dogs, known as the Dog Chews line. Each product in the lineup costs $29.99, and you’re able to choose from the Hip & JointFormula, the Calming Formula, or the Skin & Coat Formula.
Is Kats Botanicals Legit?
Kats Botanicals is about as legit of a site as you’ll ever be able to find.
Not only is the company transparent with the quality of its products and processing methods, but they also remain dedicated to its customers in more ways than one.
The sheer amount of information available on each page of their website makes them a veritable encyclopedia of kratom knowledge. Each strain is described in terms of its processing, harvesting, and origins. They are transparent about the different kinds of kratom included in their blends as well.
Naturally, a site like this abounds with positive reviews. It’s pretty hard to find anything bad to say about Kats Botanicals. However, it would be nice to access test results before buying anything.
Kats is certified by the American Kratom Association, and it would be a surprise if they weren’t. Not only do they meet the AKA’s stringent Good Manufacturing Practices Program requirements, but they exceed them.
What You Can Expect To Pay
Kats Botanicals offers competitive pricing in the kratom market. With products starting as low as $5.99 for a 20 g package, even for their specialty blends, you can rest assured that you will get your money’s worth shopping here.
Though most of their products aren’t available in sizes larger than 500 g, these packages tend not to cost more than $65.99.
Their capsules are slightly more expensive, costing about $19.99 for just over 30 g of kratom. The encapsulation process takes a significant amount of time, so this is mostly what you’re paying for.
If you spend more than $100, you’ll be able to take advantage of free shipping.
Also, if you want to sign up as a wholesale customer, you’ll be able to take advantage of bulk deals. The minimum order for wholesale purchase is $500. However, these orders are placed directly with Indonesian Kratom growers, which will get you some of the best prices on kratom in the world.
Accepted Payment Options
As one of the largest and most reputable kratom of vendors on the market, you can expect that Kats Botanicals will accept a wide variety of different payment options. Here, you can pay by:
- Personal Check
- Money Order
- ACH Bank Transfer
- Digital Gift Cards
What Other Customers Say About This Brand
For the most part, when a website boosts only positive reviews, it gives you a reason to be skeptical that the vendor is cherry-picking positive customer experiences.
However, in the case of Kats Botanicals, there’s reason to believe that all of these positive reviews are from genuine customers and reflect the general quality of the experience.
Customers on websites like Reddit tend to have nothing but good things to say about Kats Botanicals. Trustpilot reviews are positive, with customers reporting that this vendor is the best you’ll find, and that their customer service is excellent.
Shipping & Returns
Kats Botanicals offers a complete money-back guarantee within 30 days of your purchase. As mentioned before, if you spend more than $100 on products on their website, you can enjoy free shipping.
Best Alternative Kratom Vendors
If for some reason Kats Botanicals doesn’t scratch your itch, there are other vendors that you can choose from. Here are a few other choices.
1. Star Kratom
Star Kratom might tickle your fancy if you’re a stickler for micromanaging your diet, meeting your macros, or otherwise paying extreme attention to detail. They have some of the highest quality controls in the entire kratom niche. Check out their multiple lab test results to see how dedicated they are to purity and consistency.
- Rigorously tests their products
- Consistently provides high-quality goods
- Bulk deals
- Competitive prices
- Fast shipping
- Can only pay through the MESH system
- No crypto payments
2. VIP Kratom
VIP Kratom is the place to head if you want potent, top-quality kratom. The price to live like a boss isn’t cheap, and neither is VIP’s kratom. But don’t think for a second that it’s not worth every penny.
- Top-notch quality kratom
- Consistent and reliable
- Customer service is easy to reach and supportive
- Money-back guarantee
- Good selection
- Super expensive
- Unable to fill orders smaller than 250 g
3. Kona Kratom
If you’re searching for proudly-sourced kratom, Kona Kratom won’t disappoint. With more than 24 strains at your disposal, Kona Kratom is dedicated to providing a positive customer experience from the second you set your sight on their site until the moment you check out.
- Great quality
- Customer service is easy to talk with
- Offers a good return policy
- Deeply connected with Indonesian kratom growers
- Kratom is on the expensive side
Final Thoughts: One of the Best Kratom Vendors, For Sure
Kats Botanicals is impressive in just about every sense of the word. Their transparency and dedication to providing customers with a streamlined experience and an educational takeaway are unmatched.
They are certified by the American Kratom Association and exceed their guidelines. Third-party testing shows that all of the products sold by Kats Botanicals are high quality.
And, speaking of products, they have one of the largest selections of kratom powder available on the market. Some of their proprietary blends are legendary in the kratom world. Their Above the Waves Kratom is great for smoothing out life’s ups and downs, and their Digital Buddha is one of the most effective for studying and focusing.
For quality and peace of mind, the prices aren’t even that high. You can expect to pay about the same as you would at any other kratom shop; however, you’re fully backed by Kats customer service and quality.