About The Company: Happy Hippo Herbals
This relatively small company talks big and backs it up. It takes kratom seriously and doesn’t hesitate to put its money to use, whether it’s to pay employees well, test its products multiple times, or for kratom-based education and political action.
The website looks like it caters to kids, and the massive amounts of pink can get overwhelming — unless you really like pink — but it’s helpful once you get past that. Those new to kratom, and even those not-so-new, can appreciate the information available, from a short quiz for finding “the best strain for you” to its blog with helpful advice and even a strain chart.
- Kratom goes through intensive sterilization and testing
- Top-notch quality that is effective at relatively low doses
- GMP-compliant seller associated with the American Kratom Association
- Higher-than-average price
- Awkward website
- Weird categorization that can get confusing
Happy Hippo Herbals Products
A) Green Maeng Da Elite
What separates Green Maeng Da Elite from regular Green Maeng Da is not specified, but this strain remains the most popular kratom leaf product sold on Happy Hippo Herbals.
Nicknamed “Hyper Hippo” by the company, this kratom is classed in the ‘fast’ category, indicating its effects include a burst of energy, enhanced sociability, and increased focus and concentration.
B) White Horn Kratom
White Horn Kratom, called “White Horned Rhino,” is another popular strain, albeit it’s a bit more expensive than average. This is due to the rarity of horned kratom leaves.
There is some debate as to whether or not horned kratom is actually more potent than regular kratom. Nonetheless, White Horn Kratom is undoubtedly worth a shot even though it’s more expensive.
C) Red Maeng Da
Also known as “Red Hot Hippo,” this strain is another ‘fast’ kratom despite being red. It purportedly helps to enhance sociability and boost mood without necessarily causing over-sedation.
Red Maeng Da is a strain that functions somewhat like a green vein, providing energy and stimulation without the jitters.
Other Strains Offered By Happy Hippo Herbals
Happy Hippo offers a variety of other strains, each equally as confusing as the previous strains. In addition to butchering the familiar names by throwing in terms like “Elite” or “Superior,” Happy Hippo also makes sure to nickname every one of its strains.
On top of that, they’re categorized in three ways: speed, strain, and color. This is probably supposed to be helpful to those new to kratom but might be more confusing than anything.
- Red Bali Kratom: Nicknamed Red Dragon Bali and is notable for its uplifting mood and physical regeneration.
- Super Yellow Borneo: A medium strain nicknamed Snuggie Hippo; benefits include ‘cozy comfort’ and relaxation.
- Superior White Hulu Kratom: Also called Chill Hippo, allegedly provides users with a ‘laid-back, cool vibe.’
- Supreme Dark Horn: Known as Slow-Mo Hippo and purportedly provides some of the best warmth, relaxation, and fuzzy feelings of any strain on the site.
- Yellow Sunda Kratom: Or Mellow Yellow Hippo, and is said to produce a variety of pleasant sensations.
- Chocolate Forest Kratom: Also known as Dark Chocolate Hippo (because Happy Hippo needs to provide two names that nobody’s ever heard of), it’s said to promote peace, clarity of mind, and relaxation.
- Gold Bali Kratom: Also called Royal Golden Bali Hippo and, in addition to being a mouthful of a name, is said to provide pain relief without as much sedation.
- Green Bali Kratom: Also referred to as Top-Shelf Bali Hippo, and is a medium strain that promotes clarity of mind and physical comfort.
- Green Hulu Kratom: Or Harmony Hippo; helps promote bliss, peace, relief, and relaxation.
- Red Malay Super Kratom: Also known as Fire Hippo, this strain ‘warms the soul’ and promotes relaxation.
- Red Horn Super Kratom: Nicknamed Smiley Horned Hippo, helps to provide powerful pain relief, calms the mind, and improves mood.
- Yellow Sumatra Kratom: Also called Sleepy Hippo and, as the name implies, supports relaxation and sedation.
- Red Hulu Kratom: Nicknamed Happy Heart Hulu, and helps to bring about peace of mind and the sensation of ‘warm hugs.
- Red Kali Supreme Kratom: Also called Red Island Kali, and is used to support relaxation.
- Red Sumatra Elite Kratom: Or simply Magic Hippo; one of the more expensive strains. It promotes a ‘magical mind’ and a ‘comfortable reality.’
Happy Hippo also sells vegetarian kratom capsules. Each order comes with 100 capsules containing 500 mg each. The following strains are available:
- Red Maeng Da
- Red Sumatra
- Super Green Borneo
- Super Red Borneo
- White Vein Borneo
- White Maeng Da Kratom
- Green Maeng Da
- Red Dragon Bali
Happy Hippo Herbals offers 12 mL of Green Maeng Da kratom extract in a convenient dropper bottle. It has the equivalent of 9 grams of kratom powder and makes for easy on-the-go dosing.
It also sells energy shots in 2.5 g or 5 g bottles in a variety of fruity flavors. These are more potent than regular kratom, so use them carefully.
Happy Hippo Herbals
Is Happy Hippo Herbals Legit?
Despite the atrocious website and peculiar strain names, Happy Hippo is GMP-compliant, certified by the American Kratom Association, and receives many positive reviews. Those who are willing to brave the disorganization report they’re pleased with the premium quality of the kratom.
In addition to this, customers say Happy Hippo has some of the best services in the industry. Part of this reflects in the cost, which is a bit higher than other vendors.
What You Can Expect to Pay
Prices are high, but it’s because Happy Hippo Herbals buys pre-sterilized kratom from a third party and tests it again after processing, including for e. Coli and salmonella.
Prices vary as follows:
- 1 ounce: $12 to $14
- 4 oz: $46 to $52
- 8 oz: $82 to $94
- ½ kilo: $160 $170
- 1 kilo: $260 $290
- 100 capsules: $20 for 100
Accepted Payment Options
Happy Hippo recently lost its credit card processor; this often happens because kratom is considered “high risk” by many banks. For now, it accepts mobile checks, Bitcoin, and payments through Mesh, though there’s an 8% administration fee added.
Happy Hippo Kratom Coupon Codes
The best way to receive coupon codes for kratom discounts is to sign up with Happy Hippo. You can opt to receive their email newsletter and receive coupon codes every month.
Another way to find current coupon codes and sales is to follow them on social media.
What Other Customers Say About This Brand
Most customers have great things to say about Happy Hippo. Behind the confusing and ugly website, users report that Happy Hippo is a team of professionals who seem dedicated to quality and consistency.
Its customer service is second-to-none, and users uphold that it keeps its promise to “respond to all email inquiries within 24 hours.”
Many Reddit users are also pleased with the free samples that came along with their orders, saying that this helps balance out the high cost of the product.
Shipping & Returns
Happy Hippo Herbals is, supposedly, considered “the Amazon of kratom” because of how fast it ships — the same day if it’s before 3 MST. It also ships on weekends.
It provides a money-back guarantee, including opened packages, but with certain stipulations. After the product is returned and inspected, it’ll determine if a refund is warranted or not.
The only real problem with Happy Hippo is the website design and product layout. All of this is awkwardly done and makes the company look like amateurs. However, behind this facade is a company that cares about its customers and is dedicated to providing high-quality kratom.